SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Bohlmann, Joerg
- 1Boone, Celia K.
- 1Coltman, David W.
- 1Cooke, Janice E. K.
- 1Foss, Andrew
- 1Huber, Dezene P.W.
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1The NSERC TRIA Network (TRIA-Net)
- 1The NSERC TRIA Network (TRIA-Net)/Journal Articles (TRIA-Net)
High-dimensional data mining: subspace clustering, outlier detection and applications to classificationDownload
Data mining in high dimensionality almost inevitably faces the consequences of increasing sparsity and declining differentiation between points. This is problematic because we usually exploit these differences for approaches such as clustering and outlier detection. In addition, the exponentially...
Sperling, Felix A. H., Murray, Brent W., Li, Yisu, Coltman, David W., Bohlmann, Joerg, Janes, Jasmine K., Cooke, Janice E. K., Boone, Celia K., Huber, Dezene P.W., Keeling, Christopher I., Yuen, Macaire M. S.
The mountain pine beetle (MPB; Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins), a major pine forest pest native to western North America, has extended its range north and eastward during an ongoing outbreak. Determining how the MPB has expanded its range to breach putative barriers, whether physical...