- Managing Tunnelling Construction Risks
- Giel-Tucker, Kimoya Lee
- Jan 31, 2012 10:57 AM
- Adobe PDF
- 1964331 bytes
- Construction projects are often faced with complex challenges; all of which lead to difficult decisions and possibly disputes regarding liability of the parties. This research investigates the risks associated with tunnelling construction and uses the information to create a simplified risk register. The risk register may be used as a reference guide of responsible and proactive project planning that reflects industry standards, lessons learned and the currency of understanding of the owners and contractors. Additionally, a checklist was created to simplify risk assessment during each phase of construction by identifying possible hazards for each critical task of the project. By openly acknowledging and discussing risks in the contract, the author believes that the tone of the project will be set towards mutually beneficial progress and co-operation and the lessons learned on each project will also be easier to recreate and utilize on future projects.
- Master of Science
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Spring 2012
- AbouRizk, Simaan (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Al-Hussein, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Karapetrovic, Stanislav (Mechanical Engineering)
Theses and Dissertations Spring 2009 to present
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Apr 30, 2014 10:07 PM
Jan 31, 2012 10:57 AM
Delete your item from era
Do you really want to delete "Managing Tunnelling Construction Risks" ?
Resotre your item to era
Do you really want to restore "Managing Tunnelling Construction Risks" ?
Purge your item from era
Do you really want to permanently delete "Managing Tunnelling Construction Risks" ?
Remove your item from era
Do you really want to remove "Managing Tunnelling Construction Risks" ?