- An Integrated Simulation-based Planning Approach for Construction Projects
- Hong, Jangmi
Cost and schedule integration
Work breakdown structure
Risk breakdown structure
- Mar 20, 2012 11:21 AM
- Adobe PDF
- 1955005 bytes
- Cost and schedule integration can improve efficiencies in construction planning and control since they are key constraints in project delivery and closely related. This research provides a framework for cost and schedule integration, and transforms the model to simulation-based planning in which the uncertainties of project cost and schedule are evaluated through computer simulation. This has been achieved through explicitly incorporating risk, resource, and detailed operation into a work-packaging model. The developed framework has been implemented in the Simphony.Net modeling environment as a special purpose simulation tool called ISP (integrated simulation-based planning). The ISP’s main framework is a simulation-based network analysis based on a precedence diagram method. The ISP tool application has been demonstrated with a hypothetical road construction project. The approach is useful for considering risks in the early stages of project planning for investigating a range of possible project completion times and cost estimates in multiple scenarios.
- Hong, J., and AbouRizk, S. M. (2011). “A special purpose simulation tool for stochastic precedence network scheduling.” Proceedings – CSCE Construction Specialty Conference, CN-112-1-8.
- Master of Science
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Spring 2012
- AbouRizk, Simaan (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
AbouRizk, Simaan (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Lu, Ming (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Marquez, Horacio J. (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
Theses and Dissertations Spring 2009 to present
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Delete your item from era
Do you really want to delete "An Integrated Simulation-based Planning Approach for Construction Projects" ?
Resotre your item to era
Do you really want to restore "An Integrated Simulation-based Planning Approach for Construction Projects" ?
Purge your item from era
Do you really want to permanently delete "An Integrated Simulation-based Planning Approach for Construction Projects" ?
Remove your item from era
Do you really want to remove "An Integrated Simulation-based Planning Approach for Construction Projects" ?