Download the full-sized PDF
Permanent link (DOI): https://doi.org/10.7939/R3M61C197
This file is in the following communities:
|Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of|
This file is in the following collections:
|Theses and Dissertations|
Labour market segmentation in Fort McMurray, Alberta Open Access
- Other title
Employment (Economic theory)
Athabasca Tar Sands (Alta.)
Labor economics--Alberta--Fort McMurray.
Fort McMurray (Alta.)
Labor supply--Alberta--Fort McMurray.
Human ecology--Alberta--Fort McMurray.
- Type of item
- Degree grantor
University of Alberta
- Author or creator
- Supervisor and department
- Examining committee member and department
Alberta Environment. Research Management Division.
- Date accepted
- Graduation date
Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree level
Doctoral thesis. Addresses three questions: 1. Has the development of the Athabasca oil sands provided improved employment opportunities for migrants to Ft. McMurray? 2. Have these opportunities been equally distributed among the various stratas of society? 3. What are the attitudinal outcomes of participation in the local labour market? // Alberta Environment, Research Management Division provided a research grant to study labour market segmentation and the survey data used in this study were collected in a study funded by AOSERP project
- Permission is hereby granted to the University of Alberta Libraries to reproduce single copies of this thesis and to lend or sell such copies for private, scholarly or scientific research purposes only. The author reserves all other publication and other rights in association with the copyright in the thesis and, except as herein before provided, neither the thesis nor any substantial portion thereof may be printed or otherwise reproduced in any material form whatsoever without the author's prior written permission.
- Citation for previous publication
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (Portable Document Format)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 26713464
Last modified: 2015:10:19 23:21:02-06:00
Original checksum: 7d4d361a6c0d7bdc7fdd4a21b548dc9f
Well formed: true
Page count: 344