Download the full-sized PDF
Permanent link (DOI): https://doi.org/10.7939/R3GF0N715
This file is in the following communities:
|Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of|
This file is in the following collections:
|Theses and Dissertations|
Inuit redistribution and development: processes of change in the eastern Canadian Arctic 1922-1968 Open Access
- Other title
Indians of North America--Nunavut--Baffin Island Region--Economic conditions.
Inuit--Nunavut--Baffin Island Region--Social conditions.
Baffin Island (Nunavut)--Economic conditions.
Inuit--Nunavut--Baffin Island Region--Economic conditions.
Indians, Treatment of--Canada.
Indians of North America--Canada--Government relations--1951-
Inuit--Nunavut--Baffin Island Region--Cultural assimilation.
- Type of item
- Degree grantor
University of Alberta
- Author or creator
Weissling, Lee E.
- Supervisor and department
- Examining committee member and department
Department of Geography
- Date accepted
- Graduation date
Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree level
Doctoral thesis. Examines change in Inuit society and settlements in the Baffin Region of the Northwest Territories in terms of development of the economy, degree of dependence on a market economic system and influence of government and other agencies. The process is considered in terms of Third World and 'Fourth World' economies. Includes extensive bibliography, summary of material in the National Archives of Canada and summaries of RCMP reports.
- Permission is hereby granted to the University of Alberta Libraries to reproduce single copies of this thesis and to lend or sell such copies for private, scholarly or scientific research purposes only. The author reserves all other publication and other rights in association with the copyright in the thesis and, except as herein before provided, neither the thesis nor any substantial portion thereof may be printed or otherwise reproduced in any material form whatsoever without the author's prior written permission.
- Citation for previous publication
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (Portable Document Format)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 24869215
Last modified: 2015:10:19 23:14:22-06:00
Original checksum: 110bcb35446df9c7f1c38bb6c6ad1a91
Well formed: true
Page count: 460