Download the full-sized PDF
This file is in the following communities:
|University of Alberta Libraries|
This file is in the following collections:
|Libraries Staff Publications|
Considering the place of practice-based evidence within Evidence Based Library and Information Practice (EBLIP) Open Access
- Author or creator
- Additional contributors
evidence based practice
practice based evidence
- Type of item
- Journal Article (Published)
Since its inception, the focus of evidence based library and information practice (EBLIP) has been on research evidence, although many other factors also contribute to professional decision making. This paper draws upon practice theory and examples of practice-based evidence in other professions in order to explore how practice-based evidence should be factored into the EBLIP model. Examples of how practitioners can use practice-based evidence within their decision making, and how the EBLIP model can include practice-based evidence, are also presented.
- Date created
- License information
- Library and Information Research is an open access...
- Library and Information Research is an open access journal. A freely available copy of this paper may be downloaded from the journal.s website: http://www.cilipjournals.org.uk/lir Copyright and associated moral rights in works published in Library and Information Research are retained by the author(s) but this paper may be used freely, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings.
- Citation for previous publication
Volume 35 Number 111 2011
- Link to related item
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (Portable Document Format)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 361858
Last modified: 2015:10:12 18:50:01-06:00
Original checksum: d8d0e0ea20a5ffa3e1300e7680cd6505
Well formed: true
File author: hjcragg
Page count: 18
File language: en-GB