Distributed Opportunistic Wireless Channel Access in Decode-and-Forward Relay Networks Open Access
- Other title
- Type of item
- Degree grantor
University of Alberta
- Author or creator
- Supervisor and department
Jiang, Hai Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Examining committee member and department
Zhao, Vicky Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Khabbazian, Majid Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Date accepted
- Graduation date
Master of Science
- Degree level
The main goal of this thesis is to develop an opportunistic scheduling strategy in distributed networks with decode-and-forward (DF) relays without direct link. Two cases are considered: 1) the winner source has full CSI (CSI of source-relay link and relay-destination link), 2) the winner source has partial CSI (CSI of source-relay link only).
For the first case, a pure threshold scheduling strategy is proposed. Specifically, only when the minimum of the detected signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of the source-relay link and relay-destination link exceeds a certain threshold, it is optimal for the source to transmit data.
For the second case, the scheduling strategy is also threshold-based. In specific, when the detected SNR of the source-relay link exceeds a certain threshold, it is optimal for the winner source to transmit data. After the relay receives the data, the optimal strategy is probing the second hop until the second-hop channel condition is good.
- Permission is hereby granted to the University of Alberta Libraries to reproduce single copies of this thesis and to lend or sell such copies for private, scholarly or scientific research purposes only. The author reserves all other publication and other rights in association with the copyright in the thesis and, except as herein before provided, neither the thesis nor any substantial portion thereof may be printed or otherwise reproduced in any material form whatsoever without the author's prior written permission.
- Citation for previous publication
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (PDF/A)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 613607
Last modified: 2016:06:24 17:08:46-06:00
Original checksum: 7b53107fe949cd8b72b06b2755d9da9c
Activity of users you follow