Download the full-sized PDF
Permanent link (DOI): https://doi.org/10.7939/R38S4JX10
This file is in the following communities:
|Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of|
This file is in the following collections:
|Theses and Dissertations|
So this is fiction?: eastern Arctic responses to literature Open Access
- Other title
High school students--Nunavut--Iqaluit--Books and reading.
Inuit--Books and reading.
English literature--Study and teaching (Secondary)--Nunavut--Iqaluit.
Inuit literature--Study and teaching (Secondary)--Nunavut--Iqaluit.
Fiction--Study and teaching (Secondary)--Nunavut--Iqaluit.
- Type of item
- Degree grantor
University of Alberta
- Author or creator
Demchuk, Audrey Elsie Marie.
- Supervisor and department
- Examining committee member and department
Department of Educational Foundations
- Date accepted
- Graduation date
Master of Education in International/Intercultural Education
- Degree level
Rationale for study is to provide a perspective and a context for an understanding of the value of literature in a cross-cultural situation in Iqaluit, NWT. The significance of the study is determining the importance of Northern stories written in English that are used or could be used in high school English classes in the North. The focus of the study is the meaning that Inuit and non-Inuit high school students give to literary works of fiction.
- Permission is hereby granted to the University of Alberta Libraries to reproduce single copies of this thesis and to lend or sell such copies for private, scholarly or scientific research purposes only. The author reserves all other publication and other rights in association with the copyright in the thesis and, except as herein before provided, neither the thesis nor any substantial portion thereof may be printed or otherwise reproduced in any material form whatsoever without the author's prior written permission.
- Citation for previous publication
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (Portable Document Format)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 26291716
Last modified: 2015:10:18 05:04:32-06:00
Original checksum: aa1e53a97b9918aa30c21f597aa5c24f
Well formed: true
Page count: 296