Download the full-sized PDF
Permanent link (DOI): https://doi.org/10.7939/R3PC2TF87
This file is in the following communities:
|Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of|
This file is in the following collections:
|Theses and Dissertations|
Smelser revisited: a critical theory of collective behavior Open Access
- Other title
Smelser, Neil J--Theory of collective behavior.
- Type of item
- Degree grantor
University of Alberta
- Author or creator
Assheton-Smith, Marilyn I.
- Supervisor and department
- Examining committee member and department
Department of Sociology
- Date accepted
- Graduation date
Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree level
Doctoral thesis. Develops a Critical Theory which is logically more consistent than Smelser's, and which incorporates recent changes in Social Action Theory. This revised theory is tested against three cases: a small-scale riot in a student residence in the NWT, the development of the Dene Nation as a social movement in the NWT, and the development of the NWT state in Canada as a non-revolutionary process.
- Permission is hereby granted to the University of Alberta Libraries to reproduce single copies of this thesis and to lend or sell such copies for private, scholarly or scientific research purposes only. The author reserves all other publication and other rights in association with the copyright in the thesis and, except as herein before provided, neither the thesis nor any substantial portion thereof may be printed or otherwise reproduced in any material form whatsoever without the author's prior written permission.
- Citation for previous publication
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (Portable Document Format)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 16579897
Last modified: 2015:10:19 01:14:35-06:00
Original checksum: f98198fc28ff3dc02ba98ccfa8a2357c
Well formed: true
Page count: 262