Download the full-sized PDF
Permanent link (DOI): https://doi.org/10.7939/R3T43J89C
This file is in the following communities:
|Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of|
This file is in the following collections:
|Theses and Dissertations|
Real-Time Updating of a Dynamic Fundamental Model for Froth Flotation Process Open Access
- Other title
Extended Kalman Filter
- Type of item
- Degree grantor
University of Alberta
- Author or creator
- Supervisor and department
Dubljevic, Stevan (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
Prasad, Vinay (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- Examining committee member and department
Huang, Biao (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Date accepted
- Graduation date
Master of Science
- Degree level
Froth flotation is one of the most common methods in the mineral industry for selective extraction of a small fraction of desired mineral from a finely mixed ground ore.
This work explores the development of a fundamental dynamic model for froth flotation with parameters of the model being estimated and updated online with applicable techniques such as extended Kalman filtering. In the first step, a fundamental dynamic model was proposed and then a series of flotation experiments in a JK Tech batch flotation cell were designed and performed by the Fractional Factorial Design method. In the second step, the developed model was reconciled with dynamic data from the batch flotation cell, and model parameters were estimated and updated on-line using extended Kalman filtering.
Results show the applicability of the Kalman filter estimator for tracking changes in operational conditions and in parameter estimation when disturbances were applied to the system.
- Permission is hereby granted to the University of Alberta Libraries to reproduce single copies of this thesis and to lend or sell such copies for private, scholarly or scientific research purposes only. Where the thesis is converted to, or otherwise made available in digital form, the University of Alberta will advise potential users of the thesis of these terms. The author reserves all other publication and other rights in association with the copyright in the thesis and, except as herein before provided, neither the thesis nor any substantial portion thereof may be printed or otherwise reproduced in any material form whatsoever without the author's prior written permission.
- Citation for previous publication
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (Portable Document Format)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 1927467
Last modified: 2015:10:12 19:25:41-06:00
Filename: Sekhavat_Masih_Spring 2014.pdf
Original checksum: eb8fb182519396e8148f3073f0efe01a
Well formed: false
Status message: Invalid page tree node offset=1425564
Status message: Unexpected error in findFonts java.lang.ClassCastException: edu.harvard.hul.ois.jhove.module.pdf.PdfSimpleObject cannot be cast to edu.harvard.hul.ois.jhove.module.pdf.PdfDictionary offset=1855287
Status message: Invalid Annotation list offset=1855287
Status message: Outlines contain recursive references.
File title: 20140110Thesis_cover_with_specialization