Download the full-sized PDF
Permanent link (DOI): https://doi.org/10.7939/R36Q1SR8K
This file is in the following communities:
|Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of|
This file is in the following collections:
|Theses and Dissertations|
Four piano recitals and an essay: timbre and instrumental specificity as structural elements in modernist musical composition Open Access
- Other title
Timbre and instrumental specificity as structural elements in modernist musical composition
Music theory--History--20th century.
Piano music--History and criticism.
Tone color (Music)
Murail, Tristan--Territoires de l'oubli.
Lachenmann, Helmut--Allegro sostenut.
- Type of item
- Degree grantor
University of Alberta
- Author or creator
Admiral, Roger James
- Supervisor and department
- Examining committee member and department
Department of Music
- Date accepted
- Graduation date
Doctor of Music
- Degree level
- Permission is hereby granted to the University of Alberta Libraries to reproduce single copies of this thesis and to lend or sell such copies for private, scholarly or scientific research purposes only. The author reserves all other publication and other rights in association with the copyright in the thesis and, except as herein before provided, neither the thesis nor any substantial portion thereof may be printed or otherwise reproduced in any material form whatsoever without the author's prior written permission.
- Citation for previous publication
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (Portable Document Format)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 1941093
Last modified: 2015:10:18 02:37:41-06:00
Original checksum: 00ae7ff18b040b8d0d678198c8583616
Well formed: true
Page count: 63