Download the full-sized PDF
Permanent link (DOI): https://doi.org/10.7939/R37H1DS96
This file is in the following communities:
|Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of|
This file is in the following collections:
|Theses and Dissertations|
Wage employment and its consequences in two eastern arctic communities Open Access
- Other title
Bylot Island, N.W.T.
Eskimos, Administration by Others
Inuit, Administration by Others
Opportunities for Youth
- Type of item
- Degree grantor
University of Alberta
- Author or creator
Roberts, Lance W.
- Supervisor and department
- Examining committee member and department
Department of Sociology
- Date accepted
- Graduation date
Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree level
Doctoral thesis. An investigation of the effects of wage employment on Inuit from Pond Inlet and Arctic Bay. Specifically focuses on two questions: 1) how are Inuit workers reacting to on-the-job demands of their oil exploration wage employment? and 2) what effect is the massive influx of wage employment having on the home communities of the native workers? // Footnotes:p.188-91.
- Permission is hereby granted to the University of Alberta Libraries to reproduce single copies of this thesis and to lend or sell such copies for private, scholarly or scientific research purposes only. The author reserves all other publication and other rights in association with the copyright in the thesis and, except as herein before provided, neither the thesis nor any substantial portion thereof may be printed or otherwise reproduced in any material form whatsoever without the author's prior written permission.
- Citation for previous publication
- Date Uploaded
- Date Modified
- Audit Status
- Audits have not yet been run on this file.
File format: pdf (Portable Document Format)
Mime type: application/pdf
File size: 6291870
Last modified: 2015:10:18 12:12:15-06:00
Original checksum: b7d9e70b6f6f18dd598024f78de759d4
Well formed: true
Page count: 229