Environmental Impact Assessment Reports
Environmental Impact Assessment reports for large industrial disturbances such as oil sands mines and processing plants have been required under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (and predecessor legislation) since 1973. Reports submitted since 2001 in digital format are available at <a href="https://external.sp.environment.gov.ab.ca/DocArc/EIA/Pages/default.aspx.">https://external.sp.environment.gov.ab.ca/DocArc/EIA/Pages/default.aspx</a>. This Collection contains earlier oil sands mine and plant site Environmental Impact Assessment reports. OSRIN appreciates the efforts of Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development and Alberta Government Library staff in providing the materials to be digitized.
Items in this Collection
- 10 - Download - 0-0 - Steepbank Mine Project Application April 1996
- 1Attached 1 - 0-1 - Steepbank Mine Project Application Executive Summary
- 1Attached 10 - 3-1 - Socio-Economic Baseline Report-Wood Buffalo Region
- 1Attached 11 - 3-2 - Fort McKay Renewable Resources on the Proposed Steepbank Mine
- 1Attached 12 - 3-3 - Fort Chipewyan Community Profile, Attitudes & Perceptions
Suncor Inc. is applying for regulatory approval to proceed with the development of the proposed Steepbank Mine, to be located across the Athabasca River from its current operations near Fort McMurray in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo in northeastern Alberta. In April1995 a disclosure...