Theses and Dissertations
This collection contains theses and dissertations of graduate students of the University of Alberta. The collection contains a very large number of theses electronically available that were granted from 1947's to 2009, 90% of theses granted from 2009-2014, and 100% of theses granted from April 2014 to the present (as long as the theses are not under temporary embargo by agreement with the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research). IMPORTANT NOTE: To conduct a comprehensive search of all UofA theses granted and in University of Alberta Libraries collections, search the library catalogue at www.library.ualberta.ca - you may search by Author, Title, Keyword, or search by Department.
To retrieve all theses and dissertations associated with a specific department from the library catalogue, choose 'Advanced' and keyword search "university of alberta dept of english" OR "university of alberta department of english" (for example). Past graduates who wish to have their thesis or dissertation added to this collection can contact the ERA Mediated HelpDesk at email@example.com.
Items in this Collection
- 1820Department of Educational Psychology
- 1410Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1340Department of Chemistry
- 1133Department of Computing Science
- 1112Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1063Department of Biological Sciences
- 43Xu, Zhenghe (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 35Kumar, Amit (Mechanical Engineering)
- 33Huang, Biao (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 31Liu, Qingxia (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 30Stroulia, Eleni (Computing Science)
- 27Al-Hussein, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Lactic acid bacteria produce glycans that may be applied in food and pharmaceutical industries as prebiotics, food additives, to prevent pathogen adhesion, or to modulate the host immune system. The recent identification of the structure of galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) preparations demonstrates...