Department of Ophthalmology
Is part of:
Ophthalmology at the University of Alberta began as the Division of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology in 1935 with Dr. Mark Marshall as the Director. In 1969, under the guidance of then Divisional Director, Dr. Alastair Boyd, we became a department. We have trained 95 ophthalmologists since our Residency Training Program began in 1960, of which 24 are currently working as academic and clinical academic staff in the Department of Ophthalmology.